Source: ComingSoon.net

Oh, do I LOVE Quentin Tarantino. All of his movies, all of his trademarks, even his foot fetish. You can go ahead and ask my co-admin Randy as to what religion I believe in. He will answer you Tarantino-ism. I even love “Death Proof.” Only a DIE-HARD Quentin Tarantino fan will love “Death Proof.” That being said, he spoke at the Provincetown Film Festival, where he received the special Filmmaker at the Edge award (congrats), and told the festival about how he finished writing his new script “Inglorious Bastards.”


He declared that he will go to next year’s Cannes Film Festival with a finish cut of his film to compete to win the Palme d’Or. His inspiration to this film is “The Dirty Dozen,” and said, “I don't want it to feel like a period film. I want it to feel current. I want it to feel right now. One of the things I have to battle against is 30 years of Nazi-occupation TV movies where we've all seen the big streets and the vintage cars and the Swastikas, and we've just seen that ad nauseum. Telling my stories. This is a modern, in-your-face movie. This is not a TV movie period piece." Oh, and June 21 is Quentin Tarantino day. Mark your calendars for next year, bitches, for we will be watching Tarantino films back-to-back.

2 comments

  1. Anonymous // June 24, 2008 at 4:58 PM  

    I'm curious how he will pull it off.

  2. JD // June 24, 2008 at 8:29 PM  

    I love Death Proof too!!!