Do I really have to say how extraordinary ‘007 was? Or can I leave it at that?

Now that it’s 2008, which doesn’t sound nearly as good as ‘007 did, I feel like it’s our time to pump up the volume. Throughout the past year, all I heard was people say that blogging reviews cannot be as good as the film critics, just because we lack experience. My Hardcore Film Maniac blogspot has been talked about negatively in forums all around the web, but I couldn’t give a flying fuck, because now is that time that I move on.

Now is the time that we all move on…

Today is the opening of FilmArcade.net, my new site opened to all MySpace reviewers who want a piece of it. I’m not only hoping that it becomes the first successful site that came from a bunch of MySpace nobodies; I’m hoping that it becomes the next AICN, or the next JoBlo, or better yet, the next Cinematical. I planned on keeping FilmArcade.net as a blog feel, making us remember where we came from so that we would never forget it. Being that it’s hosted from Blogger/Google, there wouldn’t be anyway to change it at all anyway, but who gives a flying-fuck?

There is still A LOT of work to be done. If you go to the site now, you will see that it is kind of bland. I sent the invites out to everyone’s email address (except for Jon Bangs, since I never got his email yet) We’re still looking for someone to help create a banner with experience. I can’t offer pay but I can offer a lot of thanks and pimpage, As soon as I get all of the invites out and everyone starts posting reviews, editorials, and news articles, we’re going to start a lot of new things coming from the site…

- Anthony Thurber was nice enough to start a FilmArcade.net MySpace, where he will be sending out friend requests to everyone within the next day or two. In addition, he’s helping me receiving screeners from independent filmmakers around MySpace. Thanks Anthony!

- I’ve partnered up with The Playground Movie Reviews. He will not only be posting links to his reviews at FilmArcade.net so he could garner more readers, but we will be sending screeners to review for OUR site and pimp us out at his website.

- Also within the past couple of days, Shaun Berk has been kind enough to let us post his Weekly Recommendations outside from his blog. Anthony Thurber came up with a brilliant editorial idea which I think will cream any horror fan’s pants, also in addition to posting his weekly series from his MySpace blog.

- Within the next couple of weeks, I’m hoping to start getting in touch with PR firms for press releases. If anyone has any advice (thanks Molly for yours!), it would be great if you could help.

- In the next couple of months, after the site gets straightened out and all, I think I might start an Internet Radio Show for FilmArcade. Granted, it won’t be like MovieGeeksUnited with guests and all, but it’ll probably be us just talking about film the entire time. We’re film geeks. We can do that.

- We’re looking for bloggers, websites, BlogTalkRadio shows, and anyone possible to help get the word out for the site. If you do and I (Tony D, Hardcore Film Maniac) see it, hear it, smell it, or touch it, you, your blog, your website, and/or your radio show will be featured on our sidebar where we pimp out your links (in order for it to be your MySpace blog, it can’t be private).

- Finally, FilmArcade.Net is ALWAYS looking for reviewers, news columnists, editorialists, and interviewers (experience or not) who are interested in doing free-lance work. I can’t offer pay, but as soon as the site starts making billions of dollars, I would be honored to share the wealth with everyone who helped out writing pieces. If you want to write for the site, e-mail at TonyD@FilmArcade.net (yeah, I got an email address after I made one exclusively for the site, and everyone who writes for the site will eventually get one)

Now to all of the people at home, waking up from their hangovers and still have wrapping paper from Christmas day taped to your ass-cheeks, get ready for the next big thing, because us MySpace reviewers are a’coming, and once we start, there’s no way to stop us.

Here’s to a great New Year and luck for the site!


Tony DeFrancisco
Hardcore Film Maniac (and yes, I’m STILL keeping that title)

4 comments

  1. JD // January 1, 2008 at 3:00 PM  

    Congratulations!!!

  2. Completely Naked Productions // January 1, 2008 at 3:04 PM  

    I just pimped you out in my latest blog

  3. Anonymous // January 1, 2008 at 3:21 PM  

    Sweet Tony! I can't wait to write some stuff for you and I will pimp the site on my HMF Radio show!

  4. Randy // January 1, 2008 at 3:52 PM  

    Awesome! I can't wait to start writing!!!