To procrastinate from writing my “War, Inc.” review…

Tomorrow will be FilmArcade’s five month anniversary. It seems like just yesterday when I bought the domain. I got so mad once the domain wasn’t registered properly so the site was down for a few days. But after I got it to work again, FilmArcade has been nothing but a great success. With our fantastic staff of twenty-three writers, we posted nothing but great and honest reviews, news that you need to know, and some fantastic articles.

I know, it has only been five months, but truth is that I didn’t think that FilmArcade.net would last this long. I always thought that having this site was only a dream of mine that I would never be able to fulfill. Now, I can’t ask for a better dream. We have been getting some pretty damn fine traffic and everything seems to be going great so far. This past month alone, we have gotten some amazing readers. Of course, we get the usual douchebags and spammers that comment, but the one thing that I’ve noticed is that Indie filmmakers always come to FilmArcade.net. You couldn’t come anywhere else. Ain’t It Cool don’t like you unless if you have Michael Bay in your credits. Bloody-Disgusting only likes you if they can be on your cover.

And us? Well, we’re just here, ready to watch a great flick and then tell the world about it.

FilmArcade.net recently got many hits by reporting Megan Fox being nude in “Jennifer’s Body.” Perverts of the world searched us all over the place, and in one day, we received six-hundred views, four-hundred coming from the same people who searched Megan Fox. Of course, they were all looking for pictures, which we didn’t have, but they were taken down too soon so that I couldn’t post them.

I can’t believe how much support we have gotten from everyone lately. Not just from independent filmmakers, who either love or hate our reviews, but from other movie websites as well. The Large Association of Movie Blogs allowed us to post our profile, which gained about twenty new readers. Some of them even pimped us out on their pages. Sites such as GeeksOfDoom and Fatally-Yours have been with us since the beginning, so thanks Dave3, Eve, and Sarah. I also would like to thank Greg B. at The Playground Movie Reviews. If it wasn’t for him, we wouldn’t even have such diversity with this site. (And did you see some of the movies he reviews? They’re fucking amazingly different.)

Here are just some of the many things that we are looking to do with the site in the coming months

- We already made mention of FilmArcade Movie Events back earlier this month, but they will be going on throughout the summer. If you need a recap, our first event will be June 27, 2008 in Cherry Hill 24. More info as it comes by.

- Months ago when I first started the site, I explored ways to start a forum. Yes, expect a forum in the near future.

- Details are still very sketchy about a FilmArcade podcast which many people have been asking about, but all I can say is that it will not be for a while. Possibly not even this year. But expect it definitely coming.

- FilmArcade and our writers will be at various conventions. No idea if anyone is going to San Diego, but mark your calendars for the weekend of August 22 – 24. I will be at Monster Mania XI with some friends, so if you want to meet up, catch an event, or just hang for a few minutes, give a shout.

- And plenty of more reviews, news, articles, and just plain fun over at the Arcade.

I can’t say enough thank yous. These past five months have been simply amazing. Many people I’ve met along the way, and I will never forget the memories that followed. Thanks to everyone who have came across the site and have spread the word about us. Here’s to another five months!

3 comments

  1. JD // May 31, 2008 at 8:07 PM  

    Congratulations Tony!!
    All of you have done a great job with the site so far.

  2. Linda // May 31, 2008 at 9:02 PM  

    Congratulations! I enjoy reading here, keep up the good work.

  3. Anonymous // May 31, 2008 at 10:39 PM  

    Keep up the good work and the next five months will be better yet!