Source: /Film

I still think this “Robocop” remake won’t be too good, but this might actually raises my expectations pretty high. /Film tells me that Darren Aronofsky is being looked at to direct the new “Robocop” remake – and I say no one better than this guy. Have you seen “Pi,” “Requiem for a Dream,” and “The Fountain?” The guy is one of the best filmmakers working now. With this guy, I’m sure it will be great. And if not, it will at least have a kickass score. This is only a rumor for now, but think about it – very little CGI, great score, and tell me if Aronofsky doesn’t remind you of Paul Verhoeven just the tiniest bit. It might be just pretty decent.

1 comments

  1. JD // July 10, 2008 at 6:59 PM  

    It's an interesting idea.
    Although the original one was such a cunning satire, the sequels sadly lacked that.
    Alhtough, Aronosky could add a whole new spin to the film.